Waterpump

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sivan
80-90 Mem No: 17076

Waterpump

Post by sivan »

Hi Folks,i have a autohomes kameo that originally had a water tank under the seat, however a PO must have removed it! I am thinking of putting a small tank in that fits in a cupboard(to save me carrying 1.5 l bottles of water).Under the seat i have found three cables ,black ,grey and yellow ,it would seem that the black is neutral from zig unit, yellow is cable presumably from water level sensor from zig unit and guessing grey would have been cable from switch to pump.I cannot find the red cable that would have run from the zig unit to the switch and i don't won't to remove any units to try and find it (it is still connected in the zig unit so im guessing its been tucked away or cut off),also cannot find the other end of the grey cable.
I am thinking of using the yellow cable from zig unit( by connecting it where the red one is) as positive feed from zig unit and running a new cable through units to a floor switch as i could do this without removing units. Can anyone see any potential problems doing this?

TIA

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Waterpump

Post by Mocki »

I suspect that the water level gauge will need the correct sender in the tank . It won’t work without

Depending on which type of gauge , it maybe needed three wires .
The pump would have a I switched live and a switched neg
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

sivan

Post by sivan »

Ive probably not explained very well, what i was thinking is using the water level cable (yellow) as the +ve feed to the switch,then running a new cable through units from switch to the pump, and use the black as the -ve at the pump. I would have to connect yellow to the +ve terminal in the zig unit, the black is already in the right terminal, and i wouldn't have a water level sender.All im doing is using the yellow cable so i haven't got to put in a new cable from zig unit to switch as the yellow is accessible under the seat. Thats probably still not very clear is it?

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

Ok, sorry I over thought it I guess...

Ideally you would switch the -12v ( neg) to the pump , which is easy as you only need to connect one side of the switch to the pump and the other side to chassis earth ( ie the floor ) and use the other wire you have running down there to the pump,as +12v ( or you could just go from the battery direct via inline fuse )
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

sivan

Post by sivan »

thanks,dont want to go from battery direct as it makes sense to use cables that are already there and will be protected bt zig unit fuse,however i thought the switch would be on the live side? I only bought my bus in November and other than a couple of days out over winter have not used and still yet to camp in it ,do most people have a water tank or just carry a water bottle? as im wondering if its worth doing as ill only be able to fit 10/15 litre container in cupboard!

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

Any one who is going to use a camper seriously generally has a underfloor water tank, about 60l minimum.
Takes up non of the valuable storage space , and is kept cooler
Messing with little water containers soon becomes very tedious and difficult if you are not using sites .
As I have said, the norm is to switch the neg , particularly if using a foot switch
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

sivan

Post by sivan »

yes ,it is a foot switch, and i think a large tank may be the way to go in the future
Thanks for the advice .