ctek charger to chassis not battery?

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

BOXY
80-90 Mem No: 8826

Re: ctek charger to chassis not battery?

Post by BOXY »

I didn't look at the model you had. :oops:

http://www.ctek.com/Archive/ProductPdf/MXS%2025_EN.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But you're right it only comes with hard-wired clips and a temp sensor. The "little" charger in my van is fine for keeping the starter battery topped up if the solar panels aren't getting enough sun. I normally plug it in for 8-10 hours every 3 or 4 weeks if the van hasn't been out for a run.
2ltr Aircooled CU with twin Solex's & originally a 009 dizzie, but now back to standard.

wolfbus.uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by wolfbus.uk »

no worries Boxy, I went for this one as it is supposed to work as a power supply (in charge mode) whilst maintaining the leisure battery. Only a 25A one could supply enough power to make it worthwhile. I am sure I'll get a decent level of versatility out of it when I work out how, dark nights and lots of wet are not the best times to be doing it I guess :D

craigy345
80-90 Mem No: 13029

Post by craigy345 »

wolfbus.uk wrote:no worries Boxy, I went for this one as it is supposed to work as a power supply (in charge mode) whilst maintaining the leisure battery. Only a 25A one could supply enough power to make it worthwhile. I am sure I'll get a decent level of versatility out of it when I work out how, dark nights and lots of wet are not the best times to be doing it I guess :D

Wolfbus, not sure if you have done this yet, or if it helps?......

I plan to go down the Ctek charger route too.
Are you looking to charge the leisure and starter battery? (if not you may as well, no good having a fully charged leisure battery if the van won't move!!!! :shock: )

I plan to wire my Ctek to something like this switch..

9001e-2.jpg
(141.1 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

and wire the starter battery and leisure battery to it.
This will allow for either battery to be charged, or both at the same time or OFF to stop the battery back drain.

Hope it helps? :ok
VW T25 1.6TD (JX) 1987 Westfalia Club Joker

wolfbus.uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by wolfbus.uk »

Hi Craig sorry not been online for a while. Yes that is a really good idea let us know how you get on with it. I still have not hard wired mine in yet, I am waiting to see how the wiring for electric hook up goes first and see what space is available then. :ok