Leisure Battery

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Re: Leisure Battery

Post by California Dreamin »

WLC .....I'm still trying to work you out..... :roll:

If I had to guess I would say by your replies you are very young? maybe 14 or 15....English as a second language perhaps? you definitely don't own a T25!

Something just doesn't add up with your mannerisms/language/replies and the general way in which you respond to threads.....definitely not 'normal' in the respect of 'how others' communicate on here.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

Ian and Lins
80-90 Mem No: 3532

Post by Ian and Lins »

Just my pennyworth. I have tremendous respect for Cal Dreaming and Cov Kid and have asked for and taken up their advice on a number of occasions. Regarding a leisure battery; we put an identical-to-starter battery under the passenger seat 4,5,6 years ago and regularly use the van for off grid weekends, al year around, and have had up to three weeks wild camping in places like Scotland and The Isle of Man . Maybe we don't use 12v leisure much, mostly for reading lights (and I've fitted 12v LEDs) but this sort of battery has been fine for us.

By the way; anyone selling tickets for the fight night?
Are we going on anything else?

1985 Petrol 1.9 A/S Hightop

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Nah, I lost interest after he tried to fit 100w/80w headlight bulbs and was looking for H4 plugs that could stand the heat. Even allowing for newbie status, basic things like that are just too darned tedious to reply to and the child-like threats were absurd. I gave up after that. :wink:

As you say Ian, a starter battery can be more than enough. If you're a TV soap fanatic then maybe not :D
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Post by what2do »

Because I'm tidy by nature, I've a firm belief that 'tools' ought to be kept in a box and kept there until required. As is the way, not all of them have much purpose but are kept for the sake of it because they can be discreetly hidden behind other, useful tools.

It's a pity this doesn't apply to other aspects of life.......we'll rise above and learn from others on the way.
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.