Heating and Ventilation Controls

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

willpom
80-90 Mem No: 13043

Heating and Ventilation Controls

Post by willpom »

Hi all

Got a quick question about heating controls that perhaps someone hear could confirm there is something wrong or whether it is the way they are. It has a 3 lever set up with fan. Getting info from here less 4th lever http://www.autosleeper.vwt25camper.info ... WT25WM.pdf P40 (P42 of pdf)

Lever A is springy, it doesn't stay in place at either end and as far as I can tell has little function. The vents 1 & 2 appear to be on no matter what but their output is not massive, output is reduced by setting lever C to left for footwell vent 4 output. With lever C to right I still get some blown air into the footwell and a whistling noise.

I'm probably answering my own question now but I'm guessing there is a linkage problem somewhere for lever A and perhaps not set to close flap properly for lever C (or that lever A flap is almost closed so when closing C that forces air through hence whistle when the fan is on). Just want to check before I go messing trying to find lever linkages etc.

Thanks

willpom
80-90 Mem No: 13043

Re: Heating and Ventilation Controls

Post by willpom »

Yep I answered my own question regarding springy lever A. :run Rod must have been put back upside down in the past as it had buckled up and bent due to angle. Re straightened, lost spring clip at other end, spent ages looking then found it hanging on the rod :run all good now.

Still can't turn either windscreen or footwell vents off completely, is this usual or can and how would I adjust? Hate warm feet!