Autosleeper VHT Leisure Battery Problems

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Njcadd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Autosleeper VHT Leisure Battery Problems

Post by Njcadd »

Hello All,

Have enjoyed the last 12 months with our T25 Autosleeper VHT (1986), sometimes underneath, sometimes driving and occasionally camping...!!! Weve had all the usual issues, buzzer of doom, leaky window seals, etc. etc. and this forum has been really useful.

Weve now got an issue I cant get to the bottom of:

The leisure battery is sound and all of the services that run off if including the pump, propex, lights (florescent and spot) and charge indicator worked well last year but on our first outing this year none of them worked. I've checked all the fuses in the control panel and one that comes off the leisure battery +ve terminal and as mentioned earlier the battery is sound.

Can anyone give me any pointers in terms of what to check next or common issues that might be causing the problem.

Based in Warwickshire, and if all else fails a recommendation for an electrician that might be able to fathom things out would also be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Laters...

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Autosleeper VHT Leisure Battery Problems

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

You have only said that you have checked the positive side of things - have you checked all the earths?
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Njcadd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Njcadd »

I've not checked the earths, thanks for the pointer. Is there a wiring diagram out there for the leisure battery side of the autosleeper as I'm not certain where I would find them.

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

Do you have a multimeter that you can check the supplies with or are you just doing things visually. I've mentioned in answer to a previous similar post that the fuse holder near to the battery that protects the supply to the control unit & everything else can test out ok with a meter but break down under load. I & others have replaced the spring loaded cartridge type with the inline spade fuse holders.

baj25
80-90 Mem No: 12953

Post by baj25 »

There is a diagram for autosleeper wiring on here, I've certainly seen it in the past. Guess by control panel you mean a Zig unit, there are diagrams for some models in the wiki. If you find one that matches, don't treat it as gospel, somebody may have added/tweaked things over the years. One potential confusion I think you may find is that converters didn't follow VW wiring colour convention so instead of VW brown for ground, you will probably have black etc HTH, Bri

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vwt25 ... B300%3B211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Post by kentishvanman »

HI,
There is a wiring diag for Autosleeper in Wiki
Don
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG