Window Tinting

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Window Tinting

Post by nesty »

I took my T25 to a local firm today for an exact quote of window tinting! For all windows behind the pillar tinted in limo comes in at £250 + VAT, which gonna be least £290 all in. It ain't cheap is it! I thought maybe £220 max?

I'm deciding to go down the tinted route, as don't want people nosing in & should keep the van cooler in summer.

I've made a provisional booking for next Tuesday, though be intrested to hear if anybody else had there's done recently at all?

Nesty
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

happy camper
80-90 Mem No: 7000

Re: Window Tinting

Post by happy camper »

Had mine done last summer and paid £200 that was for a light smoke on the fronts and limo from the B pillar back
Attachments
camper and bus 1.JPG
camper and bus 1.JPG (165.67 KiB) Viewed 13938 times
I'm in my own lill world but its ok cos everyone here knows me !

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

Your only 60 mile from me and the tinters is only half a mile from me i can get you a quote if you like

Or give the guy a ring tell him you've seen my van

http://www.car2tint.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nesty

Post by nesty »

Looks like the bloke did a good job. Was this a cash job it's VAT that bumps these things up.

I have found another place locally that supposed to be ok on this and gonna pursue a quote Tues/wed. Though again I suspect gonna come in about £250!

I've emailed your bloke. If you had all that done for £200, then might be worth travelling and leaving it with him and having a day out in Cambridge?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I'm thinking of getting window tint film removed. It's a nightmare to reverse in the dark and the bus has been flippin' cold even on sunny days recently - so it certainly does keep the heat out! It has been professionally done (adhesive backed stuff) by the previous owner but one. Now there's the odd nick in the film and it looks shabby. How to remove and clean the gluey cack off?

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

silverbullet wrote: How to remove and clean the gluey cack off?

I work on trains and the y have tinted windows, when we re fit tints we use fine wire wool and glass cleaner comes of easy and dont scratch!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

nesty

Post by nesty »

Just to say Happy camper I called that bloke in Huntingdon. he is going to do it for me week Friday. A day out in Huntingdon for me! Any attractions around there to kill time over, whilst it being done. It might be clash of the titans film I think!

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

[quote="jamesc76]I work on trains and the y have tinted windows, when we re fit tints we use fine wire wool and glass cleaner comes of easy and dont scratch![/quote]
I'll try it :ok not sure about the heated rear window, though...

happy camper

Post by happy camper »

nesty wrote:Just to say Happy camper I called that bloke in Huntingdon. he is going to do it for me week Friday. A day out in Huntingdon for me! Any attractions around there to kill time over, whilst it being done. It might be clash of the titans film I think!

Yeah theres a lill bit to do we have a cineworld multiplex a mile up the road from where the tinters is there is also a KFC Mc Donalds and frankie and Bennys on the same site, a good selection of shops / cafe's in Huntingdon town centre 1/2 a mile from the tinters, we have the riverside park next to the Great river Ouse which is about 1 & 1/2 miles from the tinters.

The tinters is easy to find for ya, up the M11 which naturally joins the A14, follow A14 to J24 filter off stay in right hand lane, take 3rd exit off of roundabout (r/b) A1126 Huntingdon this is about 1/2 a mile of dual carridgeway (dc), at the end of the d/c turn left at the r/b ( there's a shell service station and ford dealer just off this r/b ) follow the road strait down past the vauxhall main dealer on the left, you'll come to another r/b with a homebase, halfords and argos just off it on your left, strait over that r/b and 200 yrds on your left you'll see a complex of small industrial units CSG service centre and hand car wash, STS tyres, turn in to this ind est and turn right in front of STS turn left at the corner and Car 2 Tint is 1st unit on the left.

:ok

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Post by jamesc76 »

silverbullet wrote:[quote="jamesc76]I work on trains and the y have tinted windows, when we re fit tints we use fine wire wool and glass cleaner comes of easy and dont scratch!
I'll try it :ok not sure about the heated rear window, though...[/quote][/quote]

For that we use glass cleaner and blue roll, and rub like hell, if ya keep squirting glass cleaner on it it does soften up and come off!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

Blinkybill

Post by Blinkybill »

We use a product called tar and glue remover for removing tint glue, and a bit of washing up green.

There plenty of types out there, search google :) (citrius ones are nicer as it can leave abit of a pong behind :))

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

nesty wrote:Just to say Happy camper I called that bloke in Huntingdon. he is going to do it for me week Friday. A day out in Huntingdon for me! Any attractions around there to kill time over, whilst it being done. It might be clash of the titans film I think!

I know this is an old old thread, but surprised to not see the outcome. How did you get one, are you happy with your tints?

I too am looking locally to get ours done, but the cheapest we have found for our Caravelle is €380 :shock:
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

The Bishop
80-90 Mem No: 10021

Post by The Bishop »

I bought a roll of tint bit haven't fitted it yet,

How easy is it to fit?
1986 1.9 Petrol/LPG with Devon pop up.

KINGPRAWN
80-90 Mem No: 9516

Post by KINGPRAWN »

The Bishop wrote:I bought a roll of tint bit haven't fitted it yet,

How easy is it to fit?
its a doddle second time!!.....you always duck up the first attempt because you don't read the instructions properly :oops:
in too deep to quit now....

nesty

Post by nesty »

Mickyfin wrote:

I know this is an old old thread, but surprised to not see the outcome. How did you get one, are you happy with your tints?

I too am looking locally to get ours done, but the cheapest we have found for our Caravelle is €380 :shock:

Sorry for my very late reply. I never got around to posting up a photo. I'm well happy with my tints. It's cools the van in summer and nice that you can get changed in daytime without people peering in! :shock: