Driver window - Jerking and jamming

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

vagrantgenius
80-90 Mem No: 0

Driver window - Jerking and jamming

Post by vagrantgenius »

I replaced the window mechanism and window winder on drivers door after it jamming and sheering the teeth off the inside of the winder on my last long trip. I'm still having an issue where the glass isn't moving freely in the seals.

Winding down isn't great but works. Winding up the whole window jerks up and towards the rear cab, causing it to be skew in the fame and jams. Is there a fix for this?

Have I totally missed something -  its always been a little clunky but I have to pull the window square as I wind to close now. Sorry if this has been covered before I have searched but no dice.

keynsham1

Re: Driver window - Jerking and jamming

Post by keynsham1 »

Try spraying loads of silicon spray in the felt channels. It works wonders!!

Rascal

Post by Rascal »

I had something similarly on one window. And inspecting the opposite side they was a felt pad on the side that meets the B post that keot the window square as it went up and down. That was missing from the other side.. I ordered some adhesives felt and stuck in place solved tge squeaky jerky window (on way up particularly).

vagrantgenius

Post by vagrantgenius »

Thanks for the advice. Will try some silicone spray and see if any felt makes a difference.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Good suggestion from Rascal, otherwise ? broken or missing nylon guide on the runner, not uncommon, especially on preloved ones

you can see the two white Nylon guides on this picture

vagrantgenius

Post by vagrantgenius »

Thanks Aidan, fitted a new one of these thinking that was the problem yesterday. As you say, the old one was in a sorry state! After spraying with silicon lube it’s marginally easier today.