Rear Seat Belt

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

JonathanR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Rear Seat Belt

Post by JonathanR »

Lots of posts on this and have read many.
My daughter wants to use the van at the end of this month and has a 5 month old baby so I need to fit 3 point seat belt on near side rear seat. Van is 1991 Autosleeper hitop with original seat on wooden base (not a rock and roll bed).
In that it has lap belts I have two of the four fixing points. I have watched the videos on fixing the inertia reel and top mounting point so know what to do. The problem is that sadly Brickwerks, which everyone quotes in their posts, are out of stock of the seat belt kit and only the top mounting braket is available. I'm not sure I have the capability to fabricate the bottom bracketet to mount the inertia reel. The Just Kampers kit  seems to be for a rock and roll bed although cant confirm as they fail to answer the phone - 3rd day of trying!
So am running out of options.
Any one have a suggestion for the bottom mounting bracket. Also I imagine because of the position/arrangement of the seat belt the lenght of belt needs to be fairly long. What length of belt is needed?
Also anyone have a part number for a suitable securon belt? Or someone who supplies an inertia belt of the right size.
Has anyone used https://seatbeltservice.co.uk/?
Thanks for any help/advice
Jonathan
P.s Van passed its MOT last week with no advisories :ok although I need to go back and sort some body work.
1991 Auto Sleeper Trident High Top
Water Cooled 1.9 Petrol

Swebby
80-90 Mem No: 16589

Re: Rear Seat Belt

Post by Swebby »

Hi,

Yes I have used the seatbeltservice.co.uk firm to fit two 3 point belts in the back. A good job but quite expensive.

Sean

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

1987 1.9 DG pop-top