SAAB seats for t25

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Siobhan
80-90 Mem No: 0

SAAB seats for t25

Post by Siobhan »

Anyone know if SAAB seats fit a T25 1984? Have been told they may well do or even Porsche seats. I thought this would be a cheaper option to buy second hand seats than have the originals reupholstered. Any views anyone? Appreciate any advice as I am a novice and my van is at the restoration workshop but am trying to save money on the interior as there is so much to do on the outside.

Jackrobbo

Re: SAAB seats for t25

Post by Jackrobbo »

My 82 T25 had Saab seats with modified Vw rails. It now has mx5 seats with modified mx5 rails as they were a million times better than the Vw rails. Half decent fabrication skills are a must I’d say though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosie n' Jim

Post by Rosie n' Jim »

Saab seats are quite chunky and leave little gap between them and the steering wheel. I have to slide the seat back to get in and out, and I'm of average build. Seats from a Smart car however are perfect. The VW rummers need removing first, but the Smart ones line up perfectly. Firm but
 comfy,  and look as sporty as a T25 can get! I bought a pair off eBay for £80 in very good condition. For a little luxury there is heated leather versions, but much more money.
1982 Holdsworth poptop. 2L CU Aircooled.
1982 Danbury tintop Caravelle. 2L CU Aircooled.

chalkywoods
80-90 Mem No: 17281

Post by chalkywoods »

Previous owner fitted Saab seats to mine. They used the Saab rails, with the inside one welded to the top of the existing rail and the outside one welded to the wheel arch which has been reinforced. I think they were heated so may hook that up one day.
1980 1.9TD AAZ, Aeroline high top
Sheffield/Herts