Bodywork Recommendation

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

tickover
80-90 Mem No: 11364

Bodywork Recommendation

Post by tickover »

Hi All
Been a while, van been sat there and i'm think of getting someone to do the bodywork on my 83 T25. i'm ok with everything else just not a very good welder.. and would like the paintwork done properly. Can anyone recommend anyone near Leighton Buzzard who would be happy to come take a look and give me a ballpark figure ??

Cheers :ok

DoubleOSeven
80-90 Mem No: 14520

Bodywork Recommendation

Post by DoubleOSeven »

I don’t think many people will come to you for a quote, they are busy people. However, 1 hour away is WiseWagens. Jez (Jeremy Wise) can do the bodywork and MotoSpray are across the way in the same small industrial estate, where Jem can do the paint.

Church Farm, Reading Road, Woodcote, Reading RG8 0QX

A ‘very’ ball park figure would be £1000 per side for bodywork + £500 per side for paint + VAT.

Once it starts though, you could see this increase as the Gremlins pop up. Jez sends daily pictures of the progress and you can budget your way through with him. Do this, don’t do that, etc. Might as well check those seat belt mounts while you’re at it, that kind of thing.

https://www.facebook.com/wisewagens/pho ... 529882257/

My bus & 16V (I no longer own these)

Hope this helps.
Last edited by DoubleOSeven on 03 Mar 2021, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
1990 Volkswagen Transporter 2.1 Manual
2005 Porsche 911 3.6 Manual
2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Automatic

tickover
80-90 Mem No: 11364

Re: Bodywork Recommendation

Post by tickover »

cheers Double0seven thanks for the info it gives me a good idea on the costings, ill keep WiseWagens in mind. I understand that most are busy thats why i was hoping someone very local that could pop by on their way home for a quick look, a long shot i know but thought id ask I don't think the van is that bad its just advice in the best way of going about it.

I guess it might be better for me to dig it out and post pics on here to get some info, just want to get it started really..  ive even been looking for a place near by that does welding courses but no real luck yet