Centre rear seatbelt fitting

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Bigface
80-90 Mem No: 17265

Centre rear seatbelt fitting

Post by Bigface »

Hi all -

Anyone know of anyone who could supply and fit a seatbelt for the centre seat of my R&R bed in my area (North Yorks/North East)? I’d be happy fitting the brickwerks supplied one to the sliding door side, but I’m after a further 3-point to replace the centre lap belt.

I’ve seen some photos of other users’ setups on here, just struggling to find someone to supply and fit in my area.

TIA,

Bigface.
1986 Holdsworth, 1.9 DG

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Re: Centre rear seatbelt fitting

Post by garyd »

Hi, I'm surpised that you have had no responses in nearly a month.

I can't offer you a supplier/fitter in your area but would recommend contacting https://www.quickfitsbs.com/index.php for your belts.

Also try a forum search for 'rear seat belts garyd' as I have responded several times on this subject. It is all fairly straight forward and you might be able to do it yourself.

Have a read of the search results and let me know if you have questions.
Garyd
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Post by garyd »

First off - ignore the trim - it's long gone!

A couple of photos showing the top mounts for the side seat and the centre seat. The centre belt has two buckles so the the 'fixed' end can be released and fully retracted into the roller when camping rather than driving.

Hope these help
Garyd

ImageImage
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine

keynsham1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by keynsham1 »

I can't offer you a supplier/fitter in your area but would recommend contacting https://www.quickfitsbs.com/index.php for your belts.
Just a note. I used this company to refurbish a set of static seat belts for a classic Rover. Not only did they lose all the original fittings when replacing the webbing, despite agreeing to rechrome and use them, but when I got them back, they had been assembled such that if you pulled on them, they just slipped throug the fittings and came undone. They were totally lethal. I complained and the eventually fixed them but somewhat reluctantly. I would not recommend them at all!

JackE
80-90 Mem No: 12479

Post by JackE »

Hi I used http://www.safetybeltservices.co.uk/ to make up a seat belt for me, I believe they make the ones that Brickwerk sale. They make them up to any measurements. They didn't provide the mounting points which I got separately, I think form Ebay.

1.9 DG petrol and open loop LPG Autosleeper Hightop. 1988

Basilakios
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Basilakios »

If you're willing to swap out the whole seat then M1camperbeds make a full width RnR bed with integral three point seat belts.  You might be able to remove your cushions and fix them to the new bed frame.  It would avoid any welding of new anchor points although it wouldn't be the cheapest option.