Hi all which is a better under body seal before i refit my gearbox stone chip, body Shultz, or wax oil???

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Kevdotf
80-90 Mem No: 0

Hi all which is a better under body seal before i refit my gearbox stone chip, body Shultz, or wax oil???

Post by Kevdotf »

Hi guys I'm about to refit the gearbox in my van and I'm just wondering what to use to protect the under side of my 86 T25

King Kenny
80-90 Mem No: 10965

Re: Hi all which is a better under body seal before i refit my gearbox stone chip, body Shultz, or wax oil???

Post by King Kenny »

I spray/paint Waxoil under my van. I do not like underseal as it tends to dry out and rust underneath. But that is just my preference. I have done the same to my Morris Traveller that I have owned for forty years.
I don't know where I am, but I'm having a lovely time!

1990 CARAVELLE 1.9cc petrol : watercooled

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Hi all which is a better under body seal before i refit my gearbox stone chip, body Shultz, or wax oil???

Post by AngeloEvs »

I used to use waxoil but changed over to Dinitrol 4941, 3125 and Dynax S50 which I found to be far superior.  Dynatrol 4941 can be applied with a brush and is excellent for underbody protection.  Dynatrol 3125 is slightly thinner and has excellent creep properties with rust inhibitor and usually applied using a compressor into box sections, sills, behind panels, etc.

If you do not have a compressor then Dynax S50 can be bought in large spray cans and includes an extension tube with multi point nozzle.  It is an excellent product with creep and rust inhibitor properties and easy to apply into box sections, sills, - one can goes a long way.   I still have one can that I have used for the last three years on my daily driver and it never clogs.

1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

weimarbus
80-90 Mem No: 10165

Post by weimarbus »

Another vote for Dynax, always swore by waxoil, because that was all there was, but Dynax creeps better :ok
1985 hi-top 2.1MV with DG carb and LPG
1955 trials buggy with 1.9 DG high lift cam and twin dell's (now sold)
1972 1303 beetle
1992 Audi 100 2.8 quattro estate
1967 Vw  Madison kit

Kevdotf
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Kevdotf »

Thanks guys for your advice ill look onto the syntax s50 seems like great stuff.
Is it possible to get plastic bungs to fill the holes in the sills?

Swebby
80-90 Mem No: 16589

Post by Swebby »

Kevdotf wrote:Thanks guys for your advice ill look onto the syntax s50 seems like great stuff.
Is it possible to get plastic bungs to fill the holes in the sills?
They were quite hard to find last time I looked and quite expensive. Did find some on eBay though. Cannot remember if Brickwerks did any or were out of stock. Think the eBay guy was called OldtimerWerk.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

1987 1.9 DG pop-top