Plastic Interior Trim

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Drawl21
80-90 Mem No: 14412

Plastic Interior Trim

Post by Drawl21 »

Hi all,just bought a black glove box and it's black,it puts the rest of my interior plastic to shame,i bought some Simoniz back to black,guaranteed to clean restore and protect,well it doesn't,it's sh*te to be honest,looks good when applied,but dries back to exactly as it was before,what's everyone else using?,cheers Dave
1987 t25 crew cab 1.6 n/a diesel

jasd1978
80-90 Mem No: 9634

Re: Plastic Interior Trim

Post by jasd1978 »

The best of a bad bunch imo is the carplan black trim wax. I've tried all sorts. Mrs owns a Corsa with loads of black plastic and it worked great. Autoglym green gel is "pooh". I used the car plan on my interior plastic and they looked 100% better. Even did the rubber mat. It needs a buff off after though as it can make your hands black
1989, 1.9 dg 4 Speed Panel Van with Gash windows cut in the side.

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care (pump spray emulsion of special stuff), or Armor-All, in a small spray bottle, basically similar to the Autoglym. Apply as per instructions, I've used them for years and find they both work well. Start with a clean surface if you can, use a microfibre cloth, hot water and JIF clear yellow floor cleaner, and a nail brush to get into the texture. If you can dunk the part in a bowl for cleaning, all the better. I've only found black trim wax good for matt black exterior trim (eg. Golf bumpers) which tends to go chalky with age.
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Its also possible to restore the finish (or at least the shine) with a heat gun but sweeping passes are key and not dwell anywhere too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7vS6F8EHxI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To be honest, its about the only method that lasts
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.