Passenger Side Wind-Up Window

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Midge
80-90 Mem No: 13768

Passenger Side Wind-Up Window

Post by Midge »

Hi Folks

Some idiot has put a brick through the passenger side wind-up window of Old Rosie. Scumbags. I just wondered what my options are, to put it right...

I can only find one on eebay for £50 by pure luck in my searches (search for "VW Transporter T25 Caravelle Passenger Front Door Drop Glass") so I'm guessing they are no longer available new/affordable and probably thin on the ground?

Not sure where to direct my search next - does anyone have advice for me? Maybe I should just grab the one I've seen.

It would be good to know if it's a horrible job to tackle as well, and if there's other jobs I should do at the same time while I'm in there. Those rubber scrapers are shot to bits for a start...

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section! I am so mad at the cretin with the brick - the door would have opened with pretty much anything vaguely key-shaped if they had bothered to try first.

Cheers for any advice, Midge
"...of course it can go faster - if you fill it up I'd be happy to show ya..."

New Kentish Campers
80-90 Mem No: 8994

Re: Passenger Side Wind-Up Window

Post by New Kentish Campers »

Perhaps your glass is covered on your insurance policy. I'd contact them to see what your options are. Could prove cheaper, and faster, to let them handle it :)

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

pm me ,I have one very very near to you,and no not 50 bliddy quid either :shock:
mm

Midge

Post by Midge »

New Kentish Campers wrote:Perhaps your glass is covered on your insurance policy. I'd contact them to see what your options are. Could prove cheaper, and faster, to let them handle it :)

Fair point, I kinda thought they would give me a hard time come renewal but it's worth a phone call tomorrow. Guess I'll have to report it and get a crime number as well if I go down that route.

Just had another hunt around - JK and BW are both barren but Heritage are listing at £46 plus delivery, which sounds very appealing.

Is it a job you've tackled before? Cheers!

Midge

Post by Midge »

metalmick8y wrote:pm me ,I have one very very near to you,and no not 50 bliddy quid either :shock:
mm

done Sir, I think...

Midge

Post by Midge »

...just to say thanks to MM for helping me out. Replacement window slipped in a treat, and the trims are way better than my old ones.

Old Rosie says Cheers Mate!

:ok

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

and good to meet as well , sorry had to rush off
mm