WedgiesWorkshop Newton Abbot

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Miss Syd
80-90 Mem No: 10257

WedgiesWorkshop Newton Abbot

Post by Miss Syd »

Went to Leeds VW Festival yesterday (yes, we caved in and paid the extortionate £17 each entry fee - might not again!!!), and saw a beautifully restored California. Had a long chat with the owners who recommended the above guy for bodywork and his wife for the upholstery and door cards etc. Does anyone have any experience of this company?
Home is where you park it!

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Re: WedgiesWorkshop Newton Abbot

Post by marlinowner »

They did some work on my SA Microbus for the previous owner:
http://www.wedgiesworkshop.com/2013/04/ ... ow-t3-tlc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still pretty good several years later.
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine

Miss Syd

Post by Miss Syd »

thanks, that's good to know how the work has held up over a few years.

Dougal devon
80-90 Mem No: 13368

Post by Dougal devon »

Do you mean newton abbot in devon as my freinds wife does interiors in staverton she is the one i use . She is excellent :ok . Can pm you her contact details but if you are not local to n abbot in devon there must be someone closer to you who can help. Dougal
If life is a journey .....sod it im bringing the camper van..
1983 moonraker . Or just BETSY.

Miss Syd

Post by Miss Syd »

yes, Newton Abbot in Devon, but it is the bodywork I am more interested in at the moment, I think that it is his wife who does the interiors if required.

Dougal devon
80-90 Mem No: 13368

Post by Dougal devon »

Miss Syd wrote:yes, Newton Abbot in Devon, but it is the bodywork I am more interested in at the moment, I think that it is his wife who does the interiors if required.
If you are down here ther are some really good body work guys locally as from past experience a company that only does one type of car or van will charge a lot more . Look around as i know one chap who will do a factory / show quality paint job including all body work for around 2000 others want around 4000 for the same job . Like i said there must be agood garage closer to home and you could buy the panels . Spend some time looking it took me 3 years just to pick the colour. And 6 months to paint it . I did mine with cans mixed at my local pait shop and sprayed it panel by panel. All in 300 quid plus my time . Good luck what ever you decide . Dougal :ok
If life is a journey .....sod it im bringing the camper van..
1983 moonraker . Or just BETSY.

ChrisTriple
80-90 Mem No: 12111

Post by ChrisTriple »

Dougal devon wrote:
Miss Syd wrote:yes, Newton Abbot in Devon, but it is the bodywork I am more interested in at the moment, I think that it is his wife who does the interiors if required.
If you are down here ther are some really good body work guys locally as from past experience a company that only does one type of car or van will charge a lot more . Look around as i know one chap who will do a factory / show quality paint job including all body work for around 2000 others want around 4000 for the same job . Like i said there must be agood garage closer to home and you could buy the panels . Spend some time looking it took me 3 years just to pick the colour. And 6 months to paint it . I did mine with cans mixed at my local pait shop and sprayed it panel by panel. All in 300 quid plus my time . Good luck what ever you decide . Dougal :ok

I can't find anyone to do mine for less than 6k most expensive was 9.5k

http://www.blastingdiepast.com/aboutus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; These people seem pretty good, I'm going to see them next Friday to get a quote
84 Devon Sunrise PopTop, DF. Campershack LPG.
Full Body resto completed 04-17

http://www.T25Camper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Miss Syd

Post by Miss Syd »

thanks everyone, it's gonna be a big decision!

ChrisTriple
80-90 Mem No: 12111

Post by ChrisTriple »

ChrisTriple wrote:
Dougal devon wrote:

I can't find anyone to do mine for less than 6k most expensive was 9.5k

http://www.blastingdiepast.com/aboutus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; These people seem pretty good, I'm going to see them next Friday to get a quote
I didn't get there in the end
84 Devon Sunrise PopTop, DF. Campershack LPG.
Full Body resto completed 04-17

http://www.T25Camper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;