Different wing mirrors?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

munkees.pekul
80-90 Mem No: 0

Different wing mirrors?

Post by munkees.pekul »

Hiya, are there any other wing mirrors that will fit on bertie, fold in type? I've lost 3 of the normal ones that don't fold in in as many months. T.i.a.
86 1.9 petrol with LPG conversion. Holdsworth villa 3 pop top named Bertie.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Different wing mirrors?

Post by CovKid »

Syncro or....Scirrocco. Only ones I know of. Doesn't sound like the fault of the mirrors though.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

CovKid wrote: Doesn't sound like the fault of the mirrors though.

Mine are regularly twatted whilst parked on the road by passing cars :evil: They still have survived! How you loosing them?
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

i always park so my back is stuck out just enough that they cant do a close pass and glance my car/.van etc they would cop a full rear corner
mm

munkees.pekul

Post by munkees.pekul »

Smosh wrote:
CovKid wrote: Doesn't sound like the fault of the mirrors though.

Mine are regularly twatted whilst parked on the road by passing cars :evil: They still have survived! How you loosing them?
I live on a busy narrow one way street close to town centre so loads of big hefty trucks go past and don't realise how bloomin big they are and take my mirrors out as they are passing, sometime they just twist but 3 times now The glass has been smashed. :x :cry:

munkees.pekul

Post by munkees.pekul »

metalmick8y wrote:i always park so my back is stuck out just enough that they cant do a close pass and glance my car/.van etc they would cop a full rear corner
mm
Hmmmmmm...... Seems like the way forward :ok

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

In that case its more a location prob. I sympathise but sadly its a result of more vehicles than we have space for now. You can loosen them and/or find another spot to park in but if it wasn't the mirrors they'd probably tear a hole down the side instead. Unfortunately classic owners are the ones who don't want even the tiniest dents (hence low premiums) but others don't give a fig about that. Syncro mirrors might deter them slightly but I wouldn't count on it. Not cheap either.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

munkees.pekul wrote:
metalmick8y wrote:i always park so my back is stuck out just enough that they cant do a close pass and glance my car/.van etc they would cop a full rear corner
mm
Hmmmmmm...... Seems like the way forward :ok

I have multiple black scratches up the side of my van from cars that think they are small enough only to change their mind so I tried doing that ended up with a scratch on the back corner. I also have had most the corner bumpers cracked/hit off. I have also seen two parked vans severely damaged after someone hit the back corner. That said my van needs some body work, at least the insurance would go a long way!
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

well i do it with my snotters, usualy old golfs, my reasoning is thhat a driver will take the easist route, they will not like to hit/glance an oncoming vehicle which is understandable so they feel safer to them to slide up to their n/s. and mirrors stick out, they dont care , but with the rear stuck out then they have a harder choice and yep they will if they choose hit my £200 thing but.... they will do ££££ to their pride and joy,seems to work cos the place where i park like this the other folks neighbors etc have had their mirrors wrecked
mm

gary1998
80-90 Mem No: 7974

Post by gary1998 »

do the landy conversion they flat and back in position in seconds
1989 1y powered panel van camper
1980 1y powerd project
http://www.eireball.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nicq
80-90 Mem No: 10290

Post by nicq »

gary1998 wrote:do the landy conversion they flat and back in position in seconds

Have you pics and info on this please.

:ok
2.1 Twin slider

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

nicq wrote:
gary1998 wrote:do the landy conversion they flat and back in position in seconds

Have you pics and info on this please.

:ok

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/t3-cr ... 75642.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down and near bottom of first page :ok

Cyrus
80-90 Mem No: 9165

Post by Cyrus »

metalmick8y wrote:well i do it with my snotters, usualy old golfs, my reasoning is thhat a driver will take the easist route, they will not like to hit/glance an oncoming vehicle which is understandable so they feel safer to them to slide up to their n/s. and mirrors stick out, they dont care , but with the rear stuck out then they have a harder choice and yep they will if they choose hit my £200 thing but.... they will do ££££ to their pride and joy,seems to work cos the place where i park like this the other folks neighbors etc have had their mirrors wrecked
mm

I never understood, even when I was a driving instructor, why people drive at parked vehicles. I used to tell my pupils that the oncoming cars will move over the parked ones ain't going to move until you hit it!!!

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Post by Jim San »

Cyrus wrote: I never understood, even when I was a driving instructor, why people drive at parked vehicles. I used to tell my pupils that the oncoming cars will move over the parked ones ain't going to move until you hit it!!!

I remember that also, parked cars and learner drivers are magnets t each other. I dont miss the hours but i do miss the job
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'