singer industrial sewing machine

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Re: singer industrial sewing machine

Post by scottbott »

were you at tengah?,we lot from changi all thought the best looking girls were from tengah
Nil carborundum illegitimi

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

lived at sembawang hills, right near the rounabout so great for the gp.s was there before you jsut when lee became pm
very very happy days
mm

scottbott

Post by scottbott »

my old man took me to the Singapore GP and then we went to the Johore Baru GP,one car that stuck in my head was a RAF officer driving a Lotus super seven,first one I'd ever seen,love at first sight,I can even remember his name for some reason,Lou DeMarco

scottbott

Post by scottbott »

got some photo's,the wiring looks deadly,will remove from the switch to the motor and replace with new,will keep the old light type of switch for switching onImageImageImageImageImage

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Very very nice. Designed to handle leather that thing. Get it lubed, rewired and get stuck in. Good machine once running properly.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

terryvanman
80-90 Mem No: 737

Post by terryvanman »

Being in the curtain and upholstery game over the years, I think that model will do from silk to thin leather. As said before give it a good soaking in sewing machine oil and remove any bobbins underneath and thread and run it for a few minutes to loosen it up.
Run it with some old fabric [without thread] to help clean up any oil, before you start using it in anger, and remember, you can remove the head [the sewing machine it self] from the table when you want to move it around,,,,make's it so much lighter
You will need some extra feet,,,, Piping foot, zip foot and if you are that way inclined a frilling foot :mrgreen: :wink: take a look on ebay for those
suck squeeze bang blow, the cycle of a 4 stroke

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Theres a great site online for spares at what I thought were reasonable prices

http://sewingparts.co.uk/singer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Hillman machine was made in South Street here in Coventry, purchased new and only used twice in around 50 years according to owner so it didn't travel far in all that time. It was in mint condition when I took the cover off with accessories mostly still in bags. Although purchased in the early 70s it has the look and paint scheme of a 50s Hillman car and harks back to a day when 'British Made' really clearly meant something. Can't post a pic at mo and not even one online but its chocolate brown and green - very Hillman. They so rarely come up for sale and when they do they seem to fetch a good price.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

scottbott

Post by scottbott »

went and bought some cable to connect up to the motor,look at this cable that was connected to the motor,bit rooted I would sayImage