Passenger Setup

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ozman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Passenger Setup

Post by ozman »

Hello. First Post n00b coming at you...

I've bought a 1.9DG auto Reimo hightop...

Trouble is that it has two disco seats in it and there are three of us...

It has a make shift 3/4 rock and roll bed in the back.

Weighing up cheap options as the misses doesn't know yet and I want to present it to her on her birthday in two months..

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Re: Passenger Setup

Post by RogerT »

Option one - double passenger seat in the cab. Likely to be 30 plus years old and may look it as they were often fitted to commercial vehicles. Not sure of the spendy involved
Option two - render the rocknroll less makeshift. I mind the test drive in ours when we bought it. Tested the brakes and my wife submarined out from under the lap belt on the rear seat as it unfolded from seat to bed. We have a different rock and roll now (can’t recommend as now this model seems NLA) and three point belts.

Option three - sell it to your better half as a work in progress. Arguably the most honest option I think, given many members collective experience?
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

ozman

Post by ozman »

Thanks Roger.

I was looking at the T4 front seat conversion as an option as you suggest, but the threads without pictures were a bit confusing. I e. Does the double T4 seat fit in the T3 base or do you have to swap the base out... Etc.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Be aware of handbrake access
chances are it won't be a straight swap fit, or everyone would be doing it and there would be lots of good photos
and if you do go T4 double seat option and make it work then come back and post up some pics and info for the next person

keynsham1

Post by keynsham1 »

I have a T25 double front seat I was going to fit but it is a very tricky job as the double seat is only found in a pickup and rests on the bulkhead behind. It just falls flat on its own. Also it only has at best a lap belt on the middle seat. T4 conversion I looked at but the seat is very different so I didn't bother pursuing it. I wanted it for my kids but I have taken so long deciding waht to do they they are both older now and are not bothered!! The pictures below are of a prefessional conversion done by a campany. They had to make a frame and seatbelt mounts. I like it TBH but it is a little beyond my capabilities!!ImageImage