buzzer of doom

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

johnwayne
80-90 Mem No: 17341

buzzer of doom

Post by johnwayne »

The oil pressure alarm has started going off on sharp corners, is this an indication that I need to top-up? I honestly can't tell from the dipstick.
1.9 Petrol four speed, 1989 RHD
Autohomes Komet conversion, originally Caravelle

T25boy71
80-90 Mem No: 16913

Re: buzzer of doom

Post by T25boy71 »

I’d say yes, the buzzer is the warning of low oil you may only need 500ml or less to stop it buzzing.
as for the dip stick level when you do your next oil service including the oil filter put in the recommended amount for your engine then mark the dip stick so you know when it’s full.
Vw T25 1.9 TD Z1 hightop rusty but Less rusty than when I got it. lol: 😊

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: buzzer of doom

Post by Mocki »

The BoD only warns of low oil pressure, not low oil level .
if it’s low enough to put the BoD on , it should have already put the oil light on and will be not showing on the stick .
After you have checked your oil level ( with the engine cold and level ) i would check the wiring in the engine bay wiring is not damaged , the junction near to the thermostat housing where the two brown oil pressure sender wires join in , make sure the brown wires are not damaged and shorting on the exhaust and that the plug isn’t all green and furry inside on the spade terminals . Also check the spade onto the sender ( behind the water pump pulley ) is not loose 
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper