1.9 DG rebuild (2.1 MV stand-in)

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Re: 1.9 DG rebuild (2.1 MV stand-in)

Post by ajsimmo »

dn-j wrote: I can give you the used no. 4 bearing I am removing from my DG if you want, if it happens to be 0.25 (haven't measured yet) - it's not great but it's not completely cooked either :) 

That would be great, thanks! If they are 0.25 could you let me have the whole used set, as I'm looking into getting them re-metalled. I have loads of STD already (I remember once asking myself why I kept them - now I know Image).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran

dn-j
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by dn-j »

ajsimmo wrote: 19 May 2021, 16:37
That would be great, thanks! If they are 0.25 could you let me have the whole used set, as I'm looking into getting them re-metalled. I have loads of STD already (I remember once asking myself why I kept them - now I know Image).

Sorry, haven't forgotten about this, need to measure the crank and then I will get back to you.  But how does the re-metalling process work - is it not possible to build an old standard set back up to a 0.25 u/s, or is that too much material to add back?

The new 0.25 u/s bearings turned up from the US.  So at least I have these as an option if a new bearing manufacturer doesn't appear.

2.1MV Doka Syncro LHD

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Post by ajsimmo »

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about this. I've managed to source a single new KS no1 (thrust end) bearing at 0.25u/s, amazingly.
A guy in Germany who has a mate who works at KS, and he has a small selection of individual bearings, just numbers 1 and 3, in under and over sizes. What are the chances, eh?
He has no half shells, or nose bearings though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran

Haselrigge

Post by Haselrigge »

Hi - very late reply but I have a similar problem. I need to get hold of a new or used 0.25 central bearing (the 2 half-shells) so I can build my engine. I have all the others in the set (late DJ 2.1 3-piece thrust) but I'm stuck without that one. Can anyone help please?
1989 California Westfalia 2.1DJ