Oil Pressure Dash Light!

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lazydiarist
80-90 Mem No: 1

Oil Pressure Dash Light!

Post by lazydiarist »

Hi, total newbie here! I've been lurking on the forums and making good use of the archived technical stuff whilst I find my way around. I have a 1984 Transporter Leisure drive camper conversion, 5 speed with 1.9 petrol engine. After I picked it up last year, following an MOT and service, I did about 250 miles in it with no issues before it got parked up for winter and with one thing or another didn't get touched November, December and January. Went back to it and had to charge the battery before starting and suddenly I had the oil warning light on. Checked levels and everything, all ok so borrowed a kit and checked the oil pressure which was good. Checking all the forums on here, I got hold of a new sensor and have fitted that and checked the wiring (which is probably not great, a bit of a mess looking at it but I've never been strong on electrics!!)  and now when I start the light comes on, once the engine warms up a bit goes off and stays off whilst idling but then when you pick the revs up it comes on strong before flickering out again. Is it likely to be something under the dash or would that cause issues with all of the lights and gauges? Or is there something else I should be checking or doing? Any help or advice gratefully received!!! :?
1984 T25 Hi Top Camper 1.9DG  WBX Petrol 5 speed

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Oil Pressure Dash Light!

Post by Mocki »

Clean the 14pin connector onto the dash 
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

lazydiarist
80-90 Mem No: 1

Re: Oil Pressure Dash Light!

Post by lazydiarist »

Thanks Steve! I'll give it a go, thanks for posting the diagram!!!
1984 T25 Hi Top Camper 1.9DG  WBX Petrol 5 speed