New Carb

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sump
80-90 Mem No: 0

New Carb

Post by sump »

Has anyone else fitted a Bosal carb and if so how did you get it to run properly?

I mostly run LPG so not a major problem but I do like to start on petrol especially when colder out there!

ajsimmo
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6542

Re: New Carb

Post by ajsimmo »

They're not great, and can be a bit tricky to set up out the box. Fitted several, first couple were fine then the next ones had lots of trouble. Returned two for refunds (to two different suppliers). Brickwerks have stopped selling them, that speaks volumes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Campershack - (website paused)
WBX Rebuilds & Upgrades from the beautiful Isle of Arran

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

I have a pierberg one for sale that was run on lpg and was fine .
PM me if interested
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

Stesaw
80-90 Mem No: 17004

Post by Stesaw »

I've got a brosol fitted. When I got it the return fuel port on the carb hadnt been machined right so it was almost blanked off, had to drill it out. After that I just plopped it on without even checking settings, ran fine had it adjusted. Year later Its running rich as you can smell it. I checked the mixture screw which was out nearly five turns.... the recomended pierbugger setting is three and a half if I recall. Haven't fiddled with it too much, had to adjust the choke as it wasn't opening fully, probably didn't help with it running rich either.

If possible you should probably refurb the pierburg, I know there is a place that you can send it off to for about £400ish if I recall.. which makes the brosol look like the obvious choice at about £250 ish.

Or just refub the pierburg yourself, they aren't rocket science if you follow the book. I only got the brosol because I needed a quick fix and I couldn't find the parts to repair my pierburg.
1985 LeisureDrive 2.1DJ 5 Speed syncro conversion project.
1979 LT 2.0CH Westy project