Hard clutch pedal

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

triggermala
80-90 Mem No: 17097

Hard clutch pedal

Post by triggermala »

Hi. My van was originally a 1.6ct but has had a 2.00 cu fitted. As far as I am aware the bellhousing on the gearbox was changed but it still has its cable clutch. The clutch pedal is very hard to press down and it needs to go right to the floor before you can select the gears which is still very difficult ,especially to find 1st my mechanic has replaced the cable and said he has adjusted it to it's full adjustment. What could be causing this please. My wife drives the van and we was to be going away today for a few days but had to cancel it as it was to difficult and unpleasant to drive. We had a major problem with the Clevis bracket the first time we took the van out 2 years ago ,it practically exploded and was split and mangled. Managed to find a replacement though. Haven't used the van since as been have work done in garage. Hope someone ca help me on this matter. Is it worth changing over to hydraulic clutch and how much would that cost apprapproximately. Thanks .

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Hard clutch pedal

Post by Mocki »

All t25 bodies are the same so to swap to fluid clutch would be the cost of the parts involved plus the time if you are paying someone . All the parts are available, brickwerks have most of what you need, master and slave , pipes , res , ect  and breakers such as Mick at NWVW will have the pedal box and brackets I would say . 

Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper