engine cutting out when warm help reqd pretty please

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wbx6dan
80-90 Mem No: 0

engine cutting out when warm help reqd pretty please

Post by wbx6dan »

Evening all i have just been back 6 pages cant find anything relevant so here goes:
I bought a DF engine off facebook as a good runner ha ha and she does run ,
however when the engine gets warm needle just below the first line on the coolant gauge she cuts out instantly (a bit like christine when they are making out ;) ) it feels electrical as its instant but she will restart and run with throttle but lumpy and will not tick over without stalling !
now i have replaced the dizzy ,cap,leads coil. pull down unit as it was u/s fuel solenoid fuel pump push rod tci unit coolant temp switch a small solenoid on the front of the  carb ( i have a spare 2e2 carb )etc
the co is set correctly (help from mot man ) and the timing is set correctly 5deg atdc hose on 
last week i flushed the cooling system  as it was full of brown crud got loads out then started her up only to find water coming out of the exhaust !!! 
so stripped heads replaced barrel seals and water jacket seals they were in a dreadful state i assumed as the thermostat opened it was flooding the cylinders and causing the cutting out)  replaced it all and started her up today same issues minus head gasket leaks .
now she runs great at 5 degrees after up until shes warm then cuts out and then runs all lumpy but only after so what have i missed it must be something simple any ideas please ps dont tell elvis chapman or large ;) thanks for any help cheers dan

Stesaw
80-90 Mem No: 17004

Re: engine cutting out when warm help reqd pretty please

Post by Stesaw »

wbx6dan wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 15:11 and the timing is set correctly 5deg atdc hose on
Doesn't timing need to be done with the distributor advance hose off? or am I misremembering.
I guess it depends how you do it.

Isn't this posted in the wrong section?
1985 LeisureDrive 2.1DJ 5 Speed syncro conversion project.
1979 LT 2.0CH Westy project