Core plug oil leak?

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Core plug oil leak?

Post by meggles »

Hi. 1.9dg
I have an oil leak from what appears to be a core plug on the rear face of the block. It's near to the bottom of the dipstick tube. I tried to post a pic of it but failed! :roll: Question: Is it a core plug and are there any problems replacing it. Any advice much appreciated Many thanks.

lodgey62
80-90 Mem No: 14256

Re: Core plug oil leak?

Post by lodgey62 »

Thought core plugs were allied to the water system Mr M,I'll have a look at mine in the morning, no doubt someone will give you a positive answer by then.
Regards
Lodgey
Hope Blue' s ok.
1989 Autosleeper Trooper 1.9 petol
BMW R1200 GSA (proper motorbike)

meggles

Post by meggles »

lodgey62 wrote:Thought core plugs were allied to the water system Mr M,I'll have a look at mine in the morning, no doubt someone will give you a positive answer by then.
Regards
Lodgey
Hope Blue' s ok.
Thanks mate. Blue is as well as ever. Has his moments but generally all is good. We just realised we've had him for about 8 years now!!! Thanks again.

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

Deffo core plugs in a petrol WBX oil system, no idea about oil burners.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

meggles

Post by meggles »

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7826/3996 ... cdf9fd.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the link to the pic of the part in a Haynes Manual. I circled it in yellow. Sorry, can't remember how to post a pic properly. I am almost convinced it's simply a question of prising out the old leaking core plug and tapping in the new one with a smear of sealer. Am I correct?