Leaking water pump JX

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Reimotim
80-90 Mem No: 10331

Leaking water pump JX

Post by Reimotim »

Hi guys,

It appears I have a leaking water pump. (Falling coolant level and a puddle under the location of the water pump).
I looked on the wiki, but I couldn't seem to find anything about jx pumps.
Is this fairly easy to replace and if so has anyone got any hints or tips I should be aware of and ideally a youtube walk through!

Thanks
Tim
1990 LHD Hi-top JX 5Speed.
3:16 cx

Reimotim

Re: Leaking water pump JX

Post by Reimotim »

Anyone? :run

simoncummins
80-90 Mem No: 1468

Post by simoncummins »

Water pump is fairly easy. off with the alternator off with the three hoses at the back 3 or 4 13mm bolts on top and one that goes through cam cover, bit fiddly to get pump out especially with power steering. Mine was leaking through the pulley first time but about a year later i had a leak from the back after weeks of buggering about it was the plastic thermostat housing leaking when the engine was cold. The water would sit in the ridge of the engine casing. Didnt leak when hot and water would evaporate if you ran engine. For the £3 that it cost i would change it.

Reimotim

Post by Reimotim »

simoncummins wrote:Water pump is fairly easy. off with the alternator off with the three hoses at the back 3 or 4 13mm bolts on top and one that goes through cam cover, bit fiddly to get pump out especially with power steering. Mine was leaking through the pulley first time but about a year later i had a leak from the back after weeks of buggering about it was the plastic thermostat housing leaking when the engine was cold. The water would sit in the ridge of the engine casing. Didnt leak when hot and water would evaporate if you ran engine. For the £3 that it cost i would change it.