quote ricicles = "I Just popped a new pair of heads on"

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

quote ricicles = "I Just popped a new pair of heads on"

Post by ghost123uk »

ricicles wrote:Just popped a new pair of heads on as the old ones had problems
Love the way you say "Just popped a new pair of heads on" as if it were just like fitting a new fan belt :shock: 8)

How did the job go?
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

ricicles
80-90 Mem No: 6350

Re: quote ricicles = "I Just popped a new pair of heads on"

Post by ricicles »

Went well. I loved having a fiddle with the engine again. There is a bit of a story behind this engine (all still on this forum from years ago) its been a long time since I posted but great to pop back in. My engine now has a pair of standard heads but appears to be a bit better than the tuned ones! ? Rebuilding the engine again has spurred me on to sort some other niggles with the van that I have neglected for the past five years :| temp guage is one of them along with seam rust and the rear suspension arms and brake back plates will need doing. The old girl has also failed the MOT but just a leaky rear shock and the hazard switch doing wierd things. Both sorted now. Coming back to looking after the camper I was amazed at the easy access to parts. A few years ago it was getting tough to find bits. Vw heritage have amazing stock. It's all looking great for our t3's great to be back :ok