VW garage/mechanic recommendation Bridgend

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Stefvan
80-90 Mem No: 3185

VW garage/mechanic recommendation Bridgend

Post by Stefvan »

Hi
I am going to be down in Bridgend/Cardiff over Sept/Oct and looking to get some work done on the van which is a Golf GTI (PB) powered T3. Needs some basic work on the brakes and the oil pickup. Also looking for a custom exhaust fabricator.

cheers

Stefvan
1990 California Pop Top GTI

Zimbok
80-90 Mem No: 3432

Re: VW garage/mechanic recommendation Bridgend

Post by Zimbok »

For exhaust try Charlie at Prospeed Exhausts in Cardiff. Did a stainless steel for my van. Excellent job too.

http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Membership number 3432

Stefvan
80-90 Mem No: 3185

Re: VW garage/mechanic recommendation Bridgend

Post by Stefvan »

Thanks I got a quote from Longlife in Caerphilly and from Prospeed, who were cheaper so went with them. The install didn't go as smoothly as planned as late on a Friday Charlie ran out of gas and couldn't get the studs off the manifold, but he did it properly, squeezing me in the next week and I'm very happy with the results. The price as I recall was around 350 which seems very good.
For a mechanic I went with a local recommendation, SK Autos in Llantwit Major, who were brilliant, Simon gave an honest assessment of the engine, kept me informed throughout the process, and installed a replacement engine at a reasonable cost,

Stefvan
1990 California Pop Top GTI