Rubber dishes under the rear springs?

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

VWickerman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Rubber dishes under the rear springs?

Post by VWickerman »

Hello everybody!

This is my first post on this forum. I bought a Caravelle a few weeks ago and am now fixing the rust on it. This forum has turned out to be very handy when googling ;) . Thanks a lot, this seems like a nice place to hang around for somebody just starting out with his first T3. I will soon present myself and my car to you, but first let me post a question:

I cannot find new rubber dishes that sit under the rear springs anywhere in the shops around here (I live in Finland). I have welded new "seats" for the springs both up and down, and would like to have those thicker rubbers both up and down. When I took the springs out, there where just some thin plastic/rubber sheet on the upper seat... so the spring had worn through.

Are these fabricated anywhere anymore or do I have to make my own?

Best regards!
Mathias

wozza825y

Re: Rubber dishes under the rear springs?

Post by wozza825y »

hi, welcome, have you tried brickwerks or try and email the lads at camper van culture i am sure they will know where to get them from. wozza :D

fairwynds
80-90 Mem No: 3288

Post by fairwynds »

VW T4 Uppers fit VW T3 lower spring seats a treat. Give you a height raise of 8mm or so as they are thicker.
When I did my spring seats I used the replacement metal spring seats from Brickwerks and the T4 upper packing pieces too. If you search on my posts you will find pictures. I galvanised my trailing arms at same time.
:ok
1.9 DG Bilbos 'Arragon' Hitop LPG'd by Gasure
1.9 TDi Golf Mk4 Estate
Member no 3288

fairwynds
80-90 Mem No: 3288

Post by fairwynds »

.....found it for you. Pictures on page 3 of this post:

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... s&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.9 DG Bilbos 'Arragon' Hitop LPG'd by Gasure
1.9 TDi Golf Mk4 Estate
Member no 3288

VWickerman

Post by VWickerman »

Thanks guys! I'll look for the upper T4:s then.

And Fairwynds, the seats on my van looked exactly the same... Didn´t even need a hammer to get them loose ;) . I made them like this:

I´ll be back. :)
Mathias