**Forum Migration ** We've Moved...

Important club/forum news & announcements, stolen vehicles plus information for newcomers.
hobopatch
80-90 Mem No: 3063

Re: **Forum Migration ** We've Moved...

Post by hobopatch »

Hi All, Every thing seems to be ok in South west Scotland, Many thanks for all your time and trouble in getting up and running. Hobopatch. :ok :ok :ok
les3510eid

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Thnaks Hobopatch

Nice to know all's OK

There are a few things we're dealing with, some easy, some very strange, but overall quite happy with 'going for it' perhaps a bit earlier than we had planned :wink:

Seems the vast majority can logon without a problem and forum seems to chugging along just fine

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

HarryMann wrote: chugging along just fine

I rather think that analogy applies to the old place...

thanks all for the work.. it runs great
2.1 DJ on pierburg + LPG

bunnynogood
80-90 Mem No: 5189

Post by bunnynogood »

This is wonderful. It's aliiive, it's aliiiiive. Muchos thanks to all involved. :ok
Only old Fools left in this van overnight

\/
( *)
`'

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

It's aliiive, it's aliiiiive

It is, it is :D

Seems to have a bit of 'go' about it too, which we hoped for, but couldn't guarantee...

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

As a user, I'm still presented with mammoth problems trying to find old threads, and presumably the same problems yet to be tackled by admin but is it possible to run a search through the database for previous links that refer to the old URL and rewrite these to the new one? That way, these links should work again.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

alexm77
80-90 Mem No: 6284

Post by alexm77 »

great work, forum is a lot quicker for me.

It might be possible to set a simple rewrite rule in your .htaccess file to repoint the old url's to the new ones (if your server supports mod_rewrite)? Handy for google and so people's old bookmarks don't break. Happy to help if you need me to.
1982 poptop - 1.9 Diesel (1Y)

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

OK, will tackle this soon and report back, thanks for you suggestions both of you :ok

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

I think Alex is on the button here as a simple database run would screw up google listings a little and a mod rewrite would reduce that to some extent. That said, I too have done major overhauls like this, but in the end settled for a database search & replace and just let google catch up. 80/90 is far more important to its users really and any impact via changes to search engine results is likely to be less important - in the scale of things. Bit different when its generating hundreds of pounds and an outage would really mess things up but lets face it, we all know where 80/90 is and restoring old links would be a major problem solved.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.