2.5 tdi mid mounted

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

craphippy

2.5 tdi mid mounted

Post by craphippy »

I have recently started to convert my t25 into a 2.5 tdi mid mount using the early audi 100 engine and 6 speed box, everything is cut out and the engine fits in not to bad.
Moving onto lining up the drive shafts to the gearbox and coupling them together, my problem is that the inner cv,s are different and the shaft sizes are different, have been advised to get sa drive shafts and cv,s, but these are like rockin horse "pooh" to find so are there any alternatives for me to do this
Regards
Lawrie

craphippy

Re: 2.5 tdi mid mounted

Post by craphippy »

:idea Am thinkin maybe adapter plates to convert the audi cups to run the t25 inner cv,s???

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

make it interesting for us, pickies :lol:
mm :ok

craphippy

Post by craphippy »

Am not lookin to put up photos am lookin for help, think it has been figured out anyway, vag parts are like lego, you just need to look for the right bits.
If I have this built correct I should be able to buy all parts off the shelf if anything breaks rather than have anything fabricated parts that don't exist :D

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

I think your missing the point :wink:
we are interested in what your doing as much as your interested in getting info from us and others, so it would be nice to see a few picks of your van and the conversion .
mm :ok

t25adict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by t25adict »

i have heard talk of using porsche inner cv joints.. but not sure if that was with the standard t3 shafts or SA ones.

a good machine shop should be able to make up some adaptor plates for use with t3 drive shafts.
you need to make sure they have enough dish to them so that the cv can move as it should.

are you mid mounting in crewcab/single cab or in a van?

i can see that it would work well in anything other than a van as the only space you lose is the underbed locker.

there was mid mounted 4.2 v8 at vanfest last year or the year before..
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough

craphippy

Post by craphippy »

yeah cheers, but i managed it using drive cups from a t4 and inner cvs from the 33spline t4 it is also giving me a good range of movement and no binding. its going into a crewcab and i dont think i have lost too much space in the locker area although i am using the door apetures for intercooler and oil cooler on the other side thus meaning i dont need to look for new doors :D
also looking for info on raising the suspension an inch or so, thought about range rover ones and inserting dislocation cones to keep them in place.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

raising correctly is easy, yours is one of the ways, not the way I would or have done it but...
mm

craphippy

Post by craphippy »

ok, so it has been a couple of years and life has got in the way of my vw but in a good way :) i am back on track, i have some photos to put up of this conversion and not sure how to do it, can anyone shed some light on me putting pics up?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Use photobucket or your choice of whichever remote host, copy the [img] links and paste into your post.