T25 AAZ engine conversation

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kent
80-90 Mem No: 0

T25 AAZ engine conversation

Post by kent »

Hello

My first post here :D

Lives in Sweden and owns a -80 air cooled T25.

Planning some kind of conversation of my petrol bus. Already have a AAZ donator and all the parts needed for water cooling and heat. But cant really find a cheap T25 diesel donator. And cant source the loose parts for good money.

And somewhere back in my head I have seen some conversations whitout using the diesel bellhousing. And mount the motor in a more upright position with an easier adapter. That results that standard AAZ parts can be used. Like oil pan and pump, oil filler, dip stick, exhaust manifold, turbo etc.

But the downside is that the motor lid needs to be raised.

Can anyone help me find some information about this.

Regards Kent

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Re: T25 AAZ engine conversation

Post by Titus A Duxass »

Hi,
I know nothing about AAZ conversions but here is something for you to read http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpec ... ds/aaz.htm

It may give you more information.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

t25adict

Post by t25adict »

hi there is a guy on brickyard user name ¨Rowlesy¨ who has a 2.0L petrol golf engine fitted upright in the way you are thinking
as the bell housing pattern,mounts etc are the same as diesel he may be able to help you with fitting.

personaly i would fit it using diesel parts.. cost is not so easy but its a more simple bolt together job.
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough

kent

Post by kent »

Guess you mean this thread on brickyard? http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/crewc ... page1.html
I will take some time to read through the thread. Thanks!

A thing that is negative with an upright fit of the motor is the loss of space, since it will be converted to a camper with a bed in the rear.

I have not yet descided the way to do this yet. Hopefully I will find a good priced t25 diesel donor.