what engine

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

thinwhiteduke
80-90 Mem No: 0

what engine

Post by thinwhiteduke »

just bought my first T25 campervan17/12/11 . the last owner has not had it long so did not know much about the engine conversion it has had. all he could say it was an early VW Passat 1.9 Diesel turbo with 40,000 miles on engine. after just completed a 420 round trip 17/12/11 the engine is fantastic in performance and economy. What i am wondering how do i find out what type the engine is as i want to service it. I would assume i would use engine number but not sure what to do with this number ie take to vw dealer or is there a web site i could use this info on as there seems to be a web site for everything these days. can anyone give me some advice. thanks.

..lee..
    80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: what engine

Post by ..lee.. »

probably AAZ or TDI search images on google. that is presuming it doesn`t have the engine code on the cam belt cover.
    it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

Ian Hulley
    80-90 Mem No: 1323

Re: what engine

Post by Ian Hulley »

Our Passat TDi has an AFN 110bhp engine, check the engine number prefix.

Ian
    The Hulley's Bus
    1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
    LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure