diesel flywheels

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

t25adict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: diesel flywheels

Post by t25adict »

Will a 1Z setup clear the bell housing ? is it just the DMF tdi setups that need the bell housing mods for clearance?
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough

ZsZ
80-90 Mem No: 14899

Post by ZsZ »

I think there is no ultimate soluion that fits to everbody. And different options often cause arguments about which is better.

I have an 1Z one mass flywheel (will search for the partnr), some unknown used pressure plate that fits (probably same as the VR6), and the 2.1 DJ WBX clutch plate. I use it with the JX starter but had to grind a bit from the nose. But some say you should machine the flywheel to fit the starter as is.
This was the cheapest option when I did it, but first I had it together for several years with the JX clutch and a kevlar fiber strenghtened clutch plate.

There are other options like complete TDI clutch setup with one mass flywheel set - dunno which fits) or complete dual mass flywheel sets (LUK 417 0019 11 or equivalent)
These solutions need the custom tdi splined input shaft. And I dont know if the JX starter fits or you will need the TDI starter and adaptor plate.
Zoltan
1986 Multivan ex-Caravelle. Van since 2006, running mTDi 1Z since 2008 with Fiat Croma 1.9 TDid pump 2008-2019, custom pump since 2019
5spd custom box 4.57 diff + 0.74 5th

t25adict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by t25adict »

starter wise I am sure I have more than one TDI starter so it makes sense to go that way rather than a tired t3 diesel one if I have one.
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough