EOBD and other problems on 1.9 AGR TDI

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

peterboat
80-90 Mem No: 0

EOBD and other problems on 1.9 AGR TDI

Post by peterboat »

So I did the engine swop and decided for cost and easy installation to keep the JX KKK14 turbo [it was fairly new] so I decide to fit the EOBD port next to the ECU fairly easy bat power 2 earths and the KLINE lead, the problem was that Autodata didnt lidt what pin it was, this forum to the rescue and its pin 45 listed as the immobilizer which I had had deleted! Connected it up and it works went into faults and there were plenty which I expected, cleared them took it for a drive [improvement on performance]  and then checked faults again, as expected it was EGR and flap valve, I have neither as it has the JX inlet manifolds, now the question is does this effect the running? On Jags it would bring on limp home mode clearly it hasnt on the bus but it might slow it down a bit? or cause fueling problems? Maybe somebody has a answer please.
Now second problem I have an oil leak its near the rear main crank oil seal but it might be something else as I cant get it on the ramp until thursday. it only happens when the engine is running and I am fairly sure I have the oil level correct [filled with correct amount of oil and mark dipstick] is their anything else which is a known issue around there?
Thirdly I now how the remains of a JX engine it had a new head at 60K just had a new cambelt, injector nozzles and heater plugs its missing the bits I needed for the 1,9 TDI but is free to a good home if anyone wants it :ok

peterboat

Re: EOBD and other problems on 1.9 AGR TDI

Post by peterboat »

So a run around today has shown that performance is definitely better so Map/maf/injection pump faults that arnt cleared can affect performance but EGR/glowplug/flap valves dont cause issues as yet. so I will run it around and see how it performs for a few days

peterboat

Re: EOBD and other problems on 1.9 AGR TDI

Post by peterboat »

Oil leak sorted turns out the sump was leaking from an old bolt hole in the new part of the sump :( also it still isnt boosting properly the boost gauge and the diagnostics both say the same not enough :x Anyway turbo off time and look at the actuator deep joy