Engine number

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

DanT
80-90 Mem No: 17024

Engine number

Post by DanT »

Hi all,

Trying to find the engine number, but struggling. Have found the previous owner didn’t inform DVLA of engine change so V5C is incorrect and no help!

It’s reportedly a 1.9 TD from a Polo, and looking at service history was installed in 2000. But don’t know age of engine.

I’ve found one number on the top of the block - 028 103 373 J (as per first pic) and think the engine number should be on a plate beneath injectors. Think I’ve found the plate beneath injectors 3 and 4 (second pic) but it’s not easily accessible and nothing obvious stamped on it - before I get a child’s hand in there scrubbing it clean (jokes... I don’t have a child old enough to do as they’re told, yet) I wanted to check I am indeed in the right place!

Cheers all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.

‘Ida’ 1991 1.9 Leisuredrive pop top

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Engine number

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

The rusty flat in this position:

1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

DanT

Post by DanT »

Cheers! I’ll have another look shortly...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanT

Post by DanT »

Still no joy, but I’ve asked the local friendly garage to have a look while they remove my very stiff injector! Thanks anyway!

clone123
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by clone123 »

You need to spray a bit of WD or something on the engine where you think the number is and shine a light on it and get the right angle with the light it's not that easy to see but it's there I think your are looking in the right place in your second picture it's not on the head as in your first picture if that pipe on the left the thick one is the breather for the rocker cover remove it and you should see the last three numbers but look close because it is hard to see it is like oldiebut goodie picture but there is two holes not used on my above the number

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
1985 RHD T25 hightop camper 1.9td 1Y engine
It's always easier with a friend