Audi 2.6 v6

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfsbitz

Audi 2.6 v6

Post by wolfsbitz »

Hi all, it's been a long time, but to be honest I've nearly always found the answers I need on this forum until now, I am wanting to put an Audi 2.6 v6 in the back of my van, you may ask why and the simple answer is because I want to. I love the smooth torqueyness of the 2.6 as I have a 1997 a4 estate with the same motor, and I have seen many t25's on the internet with the conversion but apart from the obvious south African bellhousing required I can't seem to find any more info on how it's done. So does anyone know or have a van with this conversion or know where I can find the info I need I.e. Which 2.6 is better a4 or 80 etc, I have alot of friends that owe me favours who are welders, fabricators, stainless. Welders, engineers, machine shop owners etc etc, so between us we've hot the skills just very little info, by the way I am a petrol head, I don't like diesels and I don't care about mpg and I really want a v6 van so don't try and talk me out of it or suggest more sensible options :ok

wolfsbitz

Re: Audi 2.6 v6

Post by wolfsbitz »

Ok, no info then. What about the 2.2 5 cylinder, can't find any definitive info on that conversion either :(

Surfrider
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Surfrider »

I have the 2.8 V6 AAH in mine. Have a look on Brickyard under alternative engines or a few searches on ABC or AAH. The V6 in its variant's is a popular install.
I have done 10k in mine now, think its fab.
Lead me not to temptation. I can find it on my own.

wolfsbitz

Post by wolfsbitz »

Excellent that's what I wanted to hear, did you do the conversion yourself?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Buy my 1995 SA 2.6i and save yourself a lot of hassles! Body needs a little love and the a/c needs servicing, but that's all. If you don't like the 5 then the engine bay is easily big enough for the V6, it already has the raised engine deck. You can't beat a factory built van for fit & finish :wink:

wolfsbitz

Post by wolfsbitz »

Would love to but i am in too deep with my van, and I've grown to love it, tempting though what with the big windows, aircon and power steering etc, how much you looking for?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Not quite sure at the moment, have you seen the thread? http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
I have done a lot to the bus and it's been uphill most of the way because there are only about 4 of the 2.6i in the UK, whereas there are more like 24 of the earlier 2.5 k-jet.

Price up the conversion: raised deck, enlarge engine bay, crossmember, bellhousing, unique flywheel, suitable engine inc. SA sump and oil fill pipe...that's all there and working, plus vented brakes and 5 refurbed alloys. We just did 2600 miles across Europe in it and the only thing that played up was water in one door lock actuator that made the CDL go mad!

wolfsbitz

Post by wolfsbitz »

I've got a chance of a low mileage 2.2 engine with complete wiring loom etc, was thinking of giving it a bash, I done the 2e gti conversion a couple of years ago, was a piece of cake, now fancy a challenge, so the plan is to get the engine, stick it in my garage over the winter and give it a full re-build
and tweak and tune where possible, i already have the sa bell housing so just need to work ot engine mount and exhaust situation, so if anyone knows any info that would be great :ok

adyjoad
80-90 Mem No: 10668

Post by adyjoad »

Some V6 info here

http://volksweb.relitech.com/rfeussner/bushomeeng.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;