AAZ, Oil pipe from Filter to Turbo

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

syncro up
80-90 Mem No: 3981

AAZ, Oil pipe from Filter to Turbo

Post by syncro up »

Hi Guys

I have an AAZ in the Syncro single cab, conversion was done before I got it so dont know whats been used to make the conversion but its run great for years. Its now leaving a lot of oil. Ive traced this back to a samll (3mm) crack in the small metal oil pipe which feeds the turbo with oil, its just before the pipe goes into coupling for the turbo.

The pipe runs from the oil filter, down the front of the engine and into the turbo shaft. Can anyone tell me an part number for this pipe, would it be a JX part or an AAZ part, or simply where to get a new one.

From the top, magnetic pen is on the pipe in question.

And from the bottom.

No for the dumb question. The pipe has a double nut arrangement at the ends (as does the pipe going from the turbo to the sump).
Is this some sort of locking nut arrangment, or is there an adaptor or receiver type bit which screws into the turbo first, in which case I should only be looked at the larger nut on the pipe. Either way tried both the other night and nothings moving.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes...

Todays might Oak is just yesterdays nut which held its ground!

'87 Rhd 2.1 Syncro Moonraker
'91 Rhd AAZ Syncro Sika
'03 Merlin Syncro Expedition Trailer

chrisbeck
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: AAZ, Oil pipe from Filter to Turbo

Post by chrisbeck »

Hi
Brickworks sell the pipe and connectors, it looks like its got the jx turbo, so order one of there jx metal oil feed pipes. They do fit but will need a bit of tweaking for the aaz as the block is 15mm taller.

Chris

dcfb77
80-90 Mem No: 8259

Post by dcfb77 »

I went to Pirtek with existing oil feed pipe and asked them to make me one to my length. They used flexible but strong hosing (made to withstand hot oil/overbraid) and its worked like a charm. The one from BW is fine but I like the flexible hose as can be routed which ever way I need.

Should have a Pirtek local to you. http://www.pirtek.co.uk/

Good luck.
RHD Syncro twin slider (AGG) - orange

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

hi alister the back to back arraignment that you mentioned is a union joint, basically a male to male threaded joint. there is one on the turbo (which has a female input) and one on the oil filter housing (again female out put).

these are not the right one but they give you an idea what they look like.

http://www.brakepipes2go.co.uk/index.ph ... duct_id=56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

our one broke when i had to remove the head on sallys van, and i bought one from simon.

all the best neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

syncro up
80-90 Mem No: 3981

Post by syncro up »

Thanks for the advice guys.
I've ordered the JX part from Baxter.

Now to try and get the old one off. Tried plus gas on it but no release yet. Reluctant to try and heat it as the area is drenched in oil. Could make for a nice bonfire. Lol.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes...

Todays might Oak is just yesterdays nut which held its ground!

'87 Rhd 2.1 Syncro Moonraker
'91 Rhd AAZ Syncro Sika
'03 Merlin Syncro Expedition Trailer

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

you will need 2no 17mm open ended spanners, place one on the union and one on the nut that houses the olive (the one on the oil feed pipe) and it should undo, it's the same at the turbo end. you will probably find that the nut will have seized on to the pipe and wont spin freely, you will end up distorting and snapping the old pipe.(well i did on mine).

give me a call if you get stuck.

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van