subaru sump

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

flowervanman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: subaru sump

Post by flowervanman »

HarryMann wrote:We of course have to be careful what's said on a public forum, as far as warning our members but that's more food for thought than we've had before, which could be described as morsels and titbits ...
:ok

I totally understand and if anybody has anything positive to say about TSR I'd gladly listen to them. My only problem with "sitting on the fence" is that others would then go through the same situation. I've kept records of all my dealings with Tsr including some hilarious emails and I take full responsibility for any comments I make.

That said, I don't want to upset anybody so if naming and shaming is not acceptable on here I've no problem if it gets deleted.

Rob

Oilline
80-90 Mem No: 9818

Post by Oilline »

gazc wrote:well after a bit of thought, lots of internet browsing and 10mins under my van with photos various sumps i've ordered a burley sump - mainly because it should work with my engine mount, and should make fitting an RJES exhaust easier when richard gets them in stock (i understand the burley sump uses an OE subaru sump for the top section and the RJES exhaust has a bracket which welds to a standard subaru sump so should be a LOT easier than trying to bodge something on a small car/TSR cast alloy sump!) anyway when it gets here and its on i'll put up some pics :)

Did you get your Burley sump and how is it?
1986 Syncro EJ251, 2007 T5 4-Motion, Active Snowtrac, Golf Mk2 Syncro

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Yes, waiting with bated breath as well. ..

:smile:
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

Oilline
80-90 Mem No: 9818

Post by Oilline »

Has anybody used the Bug5Speed sump
http://www.bugat5speed.de/en/kaefer-und ... ne-aluguss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks pretty good, has baffles and i think it will work with the Rjes engine mount ?
E D I T- Just read a previous post that says it wont work with the Rjes mount, anybody know why not?
1986 Syncro EJ251, 2007 T5 4-Motion, Active Snowtrac, Golf Mk2 Syncro

Fin
80-90 Mem No: 8714

Post by Fin »

I was looking at that one too - can't see why it wouldn't fit.
I was going to take my old dented sump and have my local engineers make me a Burley style pan, the only other thing I need to consider is how much to shorten the pick up pipe
Single cab pickup, running 1996 Subaru WRX STI engine, Aiden talbot gearbox.

Fin

Post by Fin »

Also still got my mild steel Scooby exaust for a Turbo set up going if anyone wants it.
nice and quiet on tick over with a dirty bellow as you press on...

Fin

Post by Fin »

if I get anywhere with my Sump - I recon the guys here in wiltshire could reproduce it easily

KarlT
80-90 Mem No: 2266

Post by KarlT »

I've got both, tried shortening my own sump, was a total barsteward as I wanted to add wings for capacity & a well for cornering. Pick-up was a mare' as its at 45* and as you shorten you move pick-up point (not good when you've got a well!! :roll: ) but ended ok.
Also now got a Small-car cast sump (exhaust mounted off old PAS pump bracket) which does fit with RJES support bar.

Fin

Post by Fin »

I don't have the exhaust issues of most as I have the Turbo engine - well worth the fit as it's an absolute hoot to drive
had to beef up the mounts on my Rjes Bar though as it bent them away from the chassis