Re-mapping AHU TDI

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jumoo
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jul 2026, 08:10
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Re-mapping AHU TDI

Post by jumoo »

I would sort the turbo and boost issue before thinking about a remap. If full boost only arrives around 3,000 rpm, something isn't working as it should, and a map won't really fix that.

User avatar
hotpod
Registered user
Posts: 438
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 10:44
80-90 Mem No: 7802
Location: St Ives, Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Re-mapping AHU TDI

Post by hotpod »

The good news was in another post.
I finally worked out that my wastegate valve was stuck so the truck was over-boosting and going into limp mode within a short distance of starting. I didnt realise that it was almost permanently in limp mode and thought it just wasnt designed to push a 4x4 syncro around.
Now its flippin' awesome and doesn't need a remap at all.
1990 T3 LHD Syncro 16" Westfalia Joker high top 1.9 TDI
1985 T3 LHD Westfalia Joker high top auto 1.9 Digijet
1990 T3 RHD Autohomes Kameo mk3 Hightop 1.9 DG

 

User avatar
lloydy
Registered user
Posts: 8054
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 17:54
80-90 Mem No: 5262
Location: cheam surrey

Re: Re-mapping AHU TDI

Post by lloydy »

Late to it, but I got my AHU mapped by Malone tuning in Canada. I couldn't find anyone in the UK to do it. Basically they sent me chips that I then replaced myself. They also custom tuned it as I didn't want a off the shelf one as they tend to give you a slab of torque low down.
 So I did get a slight bump in BHP (I have bigger injectors) but main goal for me was to limit any low down torque , so it doesn't start coming in til 2000rpm and I also told them my driving rpm is 2500-3200rpm. 
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Post Reply