Search found 383 matches
- Today, 13:23
- Forum: Campers
- Topic: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
- Replies: 7
- Views: 290
Re: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
I have decided that my best (and easiest!) option is to keep just one of the two 907's I currently have and keep two or three C500 canisters too in case the 907 runs out on me. I only ever really go away for weekends and two C500's will run my fridge for a weekend and some if the 907 runs out and I ...
- 02 Oct 2026, 11:08
- Forum: Campers
- Topic: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
- Replies: 7
- Views: 290
Re: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
Gaslow looks like an option but the small refillable bottles are almost £200 to buy. That is four years worth of Campingaz for me!
- 01 Oct 2026, 10:19
- Forum: Campers
- Topic: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
- Replies: 7
- Views: 290
Re: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
Yes I just checked and for some reason the larger bottles are substantially cheaper to fill. I just don't have the space for the larger bottles in my van's layout as they are in a cupboard which isn't very tall. It does seem my local shop is very expensive though. I may measure up for a 4.5kg bottle...
- 01 Oct 2026, 10:00
- Forum: Campers
- Topic: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
- Replies: 7
- Views: 290
Re: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
PS note: Amazon just dropped the price today from £41.99 to £39.99 for twelve C500 canisters!!
- 01 Oct 2026, 06:45
- Forum: Campers
- Topic: 907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
- Replies: 7
- Views: 290
907 vs C500 Gas in a Van
I have just bought an adaptor to use the 445g C500 gas canisters in my van rather than using the 2.75kg 907 bottles. I have the bottle connected via a quick release fitting so I can swap from one to the other at will. The simple reason which has passed me by for the last ten years is that gas in the...
- 20 Sep 2026, 17:54
- Forum: Any Other Matters
- Topic: Stagnant Water Smell in My Van
- Replies: 2
- Views: 406
Re: Stagnant Water Smell in My Van
Update! I just took the grille off and the heater intake grille. Absolutely dry in there and no smell. I ran the heater blower to the windscreen and footwells and no smell. No damp carpets either. I am beginning to think either something sneaked in and died somewhere or it must be the sink, even tho...
- 20 Sep 2026, 17:04
- Forum: Any Other Matters
- Topic: Stagnant Water Smell in My Van
- Replies: 2
- Views: 406
Stagnant Water Smell in My Van
Just this week my van has developed a nasty stagnant water smell inside. I have had it before coming up the sink drain from the waste tank but this time it is not that. I also had a car some years ago where the washer bottle water went stagnant with the same smell, but it isn't that either. I think ...
- 14 Sep 2026, 07:32
- Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
- Topic: High top sliding side windows
- Replies: 2
- Views: 361
Re: High top sliding side windows
Soaking the new seal in hot water from a kettle before fitting makes it a million time easier!
- 01 Sep 2026, 13:46
- Forum: Mechanical
- Topic: Torque settings - dry or lubricated
- Replies: 3
- Views: 388
Re: Torque settings - dry or lubricated
Original assembly of this type would not have been lubricated. When you think about it, why would it need to be? All brand new parts!
- 11 Aug 2026, 19:16
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: 1.9DG temperature Sender and Sensor
- Replies: 4
- Views: 484
1.9DG temperature Sender and Sensor
I have a bog standard 1987 1.9DG and I want to replace the temperature gauge sender. In the thermostat housing there are two units, one pointing to the left and is blue, and one facing forwards which I cannot currently get to. Can anyone tell me what new parts I need to order for both of them? I ass...
- 28 Jun 2026, 15:47
- Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
- Topic: Glide rail for seat slider.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1705
Glide rail for seat slider.
Are my front seats supposed to have a plastic glide rail, part 8 on the drawing, on both sides or just one side of the seat?
Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk
- 11 Jun 2026, 15:10
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: LED (DOT approved) Headlights. A question
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2528
Re: LED (DOT approved) Headlights. A question
Or you could just not bother like 99% of the rest of the population!! I went to France on the tunnel recently and I think I was the only UK car with headlight beam stickers!!
- 01 Jun 2026, 13:49
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: speedo dial diameter
- Replies: 18
- Views: 6490
Re: speedo dial diameter
Colour can be changed and it has a trip meter. Not the best photo I am afraid and it lines up properly in real life!
Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk
- 01 Jun 2026, 13:44
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: speedo dial diameter
- Replies: 18
- Views: 6490
Re: speedo dial diameter
PM me if you are interested!
- 01 Jun 2026, 13:42
- Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
- Topic: speedo dial diameter
- Replies: 18
- Views: 6490
Re: speedo dial diameter
Piccy 2
Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk