Search found 1234 matches

by Smiffo
12 Aug 2026, 12:05
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 754

Re: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics

TBH, I’m not sure. All I know is, it turned up with some pictures, some Whisky, and drives 100 times better despite me driving it very gently at the moment. Just glides along now. Best thing I did on the van in a looong time. Don't drive it like its made of eggshells, use the revs (4k is fine) and ...
by Smiffo
11 Aug 2026, 19:32
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 754

Re: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics

R0B wrote: ↑11 Aug 2026, 19:21 It's too nice to be hidden out of view, isn't it?

It is. I am now one of those people that says “come and have a look at this”  :rofl
by Smiffo
11 Aug 2026, 18:40
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 754

Re: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics

https://i.postimg.cc/26h3m5zT/P1090355.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/SR4RKps3/P1090359.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/Bb3bvGbQ/P1090364.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/sxJXQ0Gx/P1090369.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/x8PCJFNq/P1090370.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/j2h5wkn6/P1090373.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/kMNDpDYC/P1090380.jp...
by Smiffo
11 Aug 2026, 18:30
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 754

Re: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics

Nice clean work environment makes such a big difference to the final result. I would have ported the AMC heads cos they can be a bit clunky behind the valve seats, doesn't take long and improves the cylinder filling efficiency a little. Do the JP flywheels fit a bit better on the crankshaft these d...
by Smiffo
11 Aug 2026, 16:30
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 754

Re: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics

https://i.postimg.cc/Yq3Ghj1K/P1090315.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/zGGLW5k2/P1090316.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/jSSWNKhk/P1090317.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/522Hv1mR/P1090318.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/httJxg0N/P1090319.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/bwwGb8TX/P1090320.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/522Hv13J/P1090323.jp...
by Smiffo
11 Aug 2026, 16:19
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 754

2.1DJ Campershack Rebuild Pics

A long time coming, I know, but I wanted Andy to give me the nod before posting all of the pics he sent me of the rebuild. For those that didn’t know of my recent switch to a DJ, I had some low compression issues on my old 1.9DG, and talked myself into the daddy version  :lol: For anyone that did kn...
by Smiffo
30 Jul 2026, 22:54
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Twin speed fan tripping (2 switches) 1982 Diesel 1.6
Replies: 6
Views: 576

Re: Twin speed fan tripping (2 switches) 1982 Diesel 1.6

Fan near seizing up so too much current draw making it trip, perhaps?
by Smiffo
29 Jul 2026, 13:06
Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
Topic: Wing mirror upgrades?
Replies: 14
Views: 3182

Re: Wing mirror upgrades?

I have just put the T25/3 electric mirrors on after getting them sprayed to match the van. It was the one thing that messed with my OCD. I’d even developed the habit of nudging the driver side every few mins with my thumb to keep it pointing where I needed when doing anything over 50mph…. ( Legend h...
by Smiffo
27 Jul 2026, 22:40
Forum: Any Other Matters
Topic: Door locks
Replies: 4
Views: 654

Re: Door locks

Mine is almost as bad.  1 key does the ignition. 1 key does the sliding door and tailgate. 1 key does fuel cap and passenger door - it used to do the driver door too, but after a resto, I think the handles got mixed up with someone else’s, and now no key does driver door  :run I will get around to d...
by Smiffo
27 Jul 2026, 08:11
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 5 Speed Ratio Options
Replies: 8
Views: 682

Re: 5 Speed Ratio Options

Aidan wrote: ↑27 Jul 2026, 08:03 as 'Churchill' would say

Oh yes

crown and pinion set

Top man, Aidan.

Muchas gracias.
by Smiffo
27 Jul 2026, 07:29
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 5 Speed Ratio Options
Replies: 8
Views: 682

Re: 5 Speed Ratio Options

5 speed with 4.57 final drive gives you a taller 1st gear, as taller in all gears, keeps the 3 intermediate gears which are closer together for easier driving and should be more economical than building a 4 speed with the same final gear which will be gappier, though petrol engines are ok with the ...
by Smiffo
26 Jul 2026, 17:33
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 5 Speed Ratio Options
Replies: 8
Views: 682

Re: 5 Speed Ratio Options

So if you have a 2.1 which version (DJ or MV) and how fuelled (carb/injection), how timed, and what fuel (Supermarket E10, Premium E5, LPG ?) are you running ABN is 4.83 final drive, standard 2nd and 0.82 fifth ABM is same gearing but with LSD Both originally 1.9 boxes ASM was also fitted to 1.9s a...
by Smiffo
25 Jul 2026, 21:20
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: 5 Speed Ratio Options
Replies: 8
Views: 682

5 Speed Ratio Options

Evening all. I’m pondering a few options for the future. Scenario is I have a 5 speed gearbox ( I think ABN or ABM from memory ) and it runs around 3k revs at 60mph. ( Maybe a tad over ) First gear is almost pointless, whereas second is a bit too low a gear to use for pulling away from a standstill....
by Smiffo
21 Jul 2026, 20:50
Forum: Electrical & Instrumentation
Topic: Idle valve controller for DJ - repairs
Replies: 9
Views: 759

Re: Idle valve controller for DJ - repairs

I have been slowly ( over years ) acquiring DijiJet parts to eventually switch over from carb to injection. Part of my hesitation is that I am in no position to know if any of the parts are in working order - AFM, Idle control, ECU, and even the harness.  If this company can offer a test/repair/refu...
by Smiffo
16 Jul 2026, 21:08
Forum: Bodywork, Seats & Glass
Topic: Spray painter recommendations please
Replies: 11
Views: 1338

Re: Spray painter recommendations please

just my 2 pence here - having been through it in 2020. Whatever the quote is, make sure you add 50%. They will find more rust and ‘issues' than initial eyeballs see. For context, my total comes in over £10k for the body work ( back to metal. ) I dare not add it up  :rofl A bit like Rob though for me...